Welcome to Blue Earth, a beautiful, quaint community nestled in the Blue Earth River Valley. Located at the intersection of America’s longest highway Blue Earth’s sprawling community of nearly 4,000 is one you will want to explore.
While in Blue Earth, enjoy our beautiful parks, disc golf course, swimming pool, biking and walking trails, historical sites, shopping opportunities and the hospitality of our motels and restaurants.
We also invite you to consider making Blue Earth your home. Every year, we welcome new neighbors who have found the charm, quality of life and location of Blue Earth just what they’re looking for. Let us know if we can help as you explore our City.
Blue Earth is proud to be…
- A sesquicentennial community founded in 1856.
- The birthplace of the Chocolate Dream ice cream bar.
- The center of America’s longest highway, Interstate 90.
- The home of Minnesota’s first stained-glass window.
- The seat of Faribault County and home to the historic 19th century County Courthouse.
- Home of the world’s largest statue of the Jolly Green Giant, overlooking some of America’s richest farmland.
- Home of the GIANT Museum featuring Jolly Green Giant and Little Green Sprout memorabilia and canning factory machinery.