Museums & Historic Sites

GIANT Museum
113 South Nicollet Street

Largest collection of Jolly Green Giant memorabilia in the world.  History of canning factory in Blue Earth complete with canning machinery and plant artifacts. Free will donation accepted and handicapped accessible. Open M-F 9 am- noon and 1p-3p or by appointment. Please call ahead of time if thinking of touring the musuem with a large group so special arrangements can be made 507-526-2916.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Etta C. Ross Museum
324 East Sixth Street

The Etta C. Ross Memorial Library was built as a memorial to the wife of William E. C. Ross, a Blue Earth banker. Used as a library until 1985, the building now houses historical artifacts, genealogical records, and records of Faribault County.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

James B. Wakefield House
405 East Sixth Street

This historical home was built in 1868 by James B. Wakefield, one of Blue Earth’s original founders, a principal organizer of Faribault County and a state politician. The Wakefield House is now the County Historical Museum and serves as a visible reminder the founding of Faribault County. For appointments or tours call 507-526-5421. No charge for touring.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Faribault County Courthouse
Second & Main St, Blue Earth, MN

The courthouse, which has been named to the National Registry of Historical Sites, was completed in 1892. Visit during normal business hours. For more information, contact the personnel office at 507-526-6225.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

History Lane
Faribault County Fairgrounds

Krosch Log Cabin, Woodland School, Guckeen Post Office, Balcksmith Shop, Antique Machinery Shed, West Delavan Church and General Store. Contact the Wakefield House 507-526-5421 for more information. History Lane is open daily during the Faribault County Fair.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Good Shepherd Episcopal Church
Corner of Moore and Eighth Street

This historical church was built in 1872 under the direction of Bishop Henry Whipple. The church has remained unaltered since its construction contains Swiss-made stained glass windows and the original pews of wooden peg construction. The church houses Minnesota’s first stained glass window. Special services are held in the church throughout the year. It is also available for weddings and other sacred events. Contact the Wakefield House at 507-526-5421 for more information.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Moses Sailor Monument
Riverside Cemetary

Moses Sailor was the first permanent settler in Faribault County, arriving in 1855. The grave marker is a replica of a log cabin.